Yes I know, I said that the Body shop shea butter wash was my HG body wash but hear me out ok? I promise I’m not a shopping addict (I’m lying)….
I recently came back from Hyderabad. And when I came back I kinda looked a little like a burnt kebab.
Well, maybe not THAT burnt but I was pretty tanned. I mean, I can no longer wear sleeveless clothes till I stop looking like ebony and ivory (not trying to be racist, I most certainly am not ebony or ivory, I’m more like milk chocolate with caramel fudge)
Well I came back badly tanned and feeling frustrated because I hadn’t even managed to remove my tan from last year or the year before that. I have a problem where I don’t detan easily. I tan very easily though.
So what did I do? I went around buying a few things, I bought the Johnsons baby fairness wash (assuming that if it mild enough for baby it is mild enough for me) And then I bought this and another lotion, the Nivea fairness lotion.
Today I’ll probably review all three. Or maybe two since I haven’t properly used the Johnson’s baby wash yet,
I haven’t really heard many great things about shanaz hussaine products although the ones I have tried ages ago are awesome. I was kind of apprehensive but when I saw the deal, I was convinced to buy it. (aren’t we all suckers for deals )
I got all three for 70/- when they are usually available for 90/- per soap. I think they were having a clearance sale. But I got the last piece.
Does it do what it claims? Hell yes.
I used it the first time and it scratched my skin a bit. Lookout for that. It is very rough to use. But if you rub it between your palms and then wash yourself it works beautifully. Since I anyway use a different body scrub I’m not that fussed about losing out on the Scrubbing properties of this bar of soap.
- It makes the skin much more radiant
- doesn’t break me out
- perfect for dry body skin (which I have)
- While I don’t usually use products with titanium dioxide this one didn’t bother me at all. I wonder how. Maybe because i wash it off thoroughly.
- It lasts reasonably long. Not as long as camay or something like that but definitely longer than other “fairness” soaps
- It doesn’t make you fairer than your actual skin colour but it does remove tans.
- Doesn’t remove scar discolouration. I really REALLY wish it did.
- The smell, IS SO NAUSEATING.
- The original price is rather high although it isn’t much if you only use it to remove a tan whenever you get tanned.
- Leaves a white film on the bathroom floor. You have to really rinse it off. Extra workout.
The thing is, even though it stinks the smell is worth it if you think of the effect it has, All i say is if you have your loo and your bathroom together, please air it out after you bathe. It only stinks when used so it’s fine to have it lying around.
I’ve been using this for about two weeks and my most recent tan is gone . The older tan, will take time I guess. I hope it goes soon. I’d like to go back to using a moisturising wash.
Am I adding to my HG products? YES I AM!
I really hope this review helped those of you who are suffering with a summer tan. If it did, please do leave a comment and tell me. It’d please me to no end.,